Jun 28, 2010

Fitness



The Hagatoppen hill north of Stockholm is a place I like to visit. Beside its wonderful view on the city, where one can see the Globe right behind the City Hall, and its vicinity to the Haga palace where the new royal couple it about to live, it is a place I have many nice personal memories of.

I have a tradition since the second grade of high school. That year, our sport lessons stopped and the responsibility of keeping ourselves fit was laid upon our own shoulders. Then, I defined myself as fit if I was able to make it to the top of the Hagatoppen by bike, about 100 m above the ground level. Later, I even made the test harder. Now, before climbing the hill, I need to make it around the Brunnsviken lake, the distance of about 10 km. I usually test myself that way several times a year.

Today, I have found myself fit again. Feels good. But I also start to think it is not a challenge for me anymore. The test needs to be hardened again.

No comments: