Oct 4, 2009

The great hunger



Yesterday, on October 3, Germans celebrated the day of the national unity, honoring the 19th anniversary of the great reunification of FRG and GDR. On that day, the west Germans show solidarity with their brethren in the east by failing to go to work. All the shops are closed and there is now way to buy food. This story repeats every year, one can get used to it. The problem is, this time it was on Saturday. Today is Sunday and the shops are closed again. I think I am not the only one who was unprepared and did not stock food for three days on Friday. Hence I think I have the right to call this day the day of the great hunger. Well, let's see it positively. I assume the time has come to show solidarity with some other eastern countries by failing to eat.

No comments: