Apr 4, 2009

Last Book







The pictures are from the main library of the royal institute of technology in Stockholm. This week, all the books from the main hall were moved away. The place really looks like a ghost library. Before, as I looked over the hall, I always felt the mighty presence of tons of knowledge. Now, all is gone. The shelves are empty and you can just look all the way through it.

I have been lucky, though. On Monday, before it all started, I found a book about semiconductor lasers. I started to read it and it turn to be exactly what I wanted. It was all about what I needed to know right from the first chapter. This day, they started picking away the books and emptied the shelf where I took my book from and one more. I would not have it if I came just a few hours later.

No comments: