Mar 11, 2009

Pride & Prejudice



After reading some famous Russian classics, I decided it is time to make acquaintance with English literature as well. Having recently watched the movies "Becoming Jane" and "Pride & Prejudice", it was quite obvious for me to choose the book by Jane Austin.

As I now have the half of the book behind me, I can say, I enjoy the reading very much. The story almost never get boring. Something happens all the time. The book is full of action. That makes it differ from many other classics, that are more of a descriptive kind. On the other hand, the language of Jane Austin beats many others of her genre. It is just so amazingly beautiful, but still understandable. Of cause I need to use dictionary a few times every chapter. But it does not make the reading pleasure fade.

No comments: