Sep 7, 2010

Slovakia

Tonight, my journey to the eastern Europe continues. I will leave Prague and wake up in Slovakia tomorrow. My plan is to make a short stop in a town called Michalovce before I cross Ukrainian border to find myself in the Transcarpathian city of Uzhgorod.

I want to spend some time in Slovakia for a few reasons. For the first, I have never visited the country before. In order to say I have been there, I need more than just travelling through by bus. Some hour in a small hole at the Ukrainian border will do. The second reason is my euro coin collection. Since Slovakian just recently joined the EMU, their coins were still rare in Germany as I lived there. I only have one of them, I don't remember which, however. Tomorrow, I therefore intend to be busy buying ice creams, biscuits and other cheap sweeties until I die or collect all the eight Slovak coins.

PS
What kind of collector are you if you don't know what coins you have, someone may ask. Let me explain myself. In my collection, I have one coin from Slovakia, and one coin from Slovenia. One of valor €2, one of €1. Both are rare. Since I mix up the countries, I mix up the coins. Sometimes, you just need to visit a place on order to stop confusing it with others. At least that's what took me to learn the difference between Bucharest and Budapest. I also know that people asking me how's life in Switzerland have neither been there nor in Sweden.

PPS The photo is from the Prague city. I am proud of my new camera being able to make night pictures.

No comments: