Aug 25, 2010

Requiem for a Beer Opener



My old dear key ring beer opener has passed away!

I have got it 1,5 years ago as a new year present from a person I hardly knew. I have been carrying it in my pocket since then. It assisted me in getting the keys out of there faster, hence saving my precious time. It added some weight to my person, helping me burn calories and hence reducing my own weight. It faithfully followed me to eight countries and countless towns, but has always been with me on my way back, remaining in my hand for the last step through the home door. And most of all, it opened many beers during its lifetime. And though I did not drink any of them myself, many of my friends gratefully did.

Now it is gone: Scarred, broken, relieved. Rest in peace, dear friend, may the trash be your grave...

No comments: