Jul 31, 2010

Loving Israel...



Today, I visited a church service of an Arabic congregation. It was a really nice experience. People noticed my Mogen David necklace and asked whether I was from Israel. Well, I am not, but I have Jewish roots, that's what I told them.

The truth is, I have expected Christian Arabs to have another attitude towards Israel than the official one of their home countries. But I would never expect what I have seen then. They turned out to love Israel. They said they loved Hebrew, they loved singing songs in Hebrew, though understanding nothing, they said they loved the country while they visited it. And then I needed to be introduced to a Syrian guy, that just adored Israel.

And in a way, I felt sorry for all the prejudices I have had against these people...

No comments: