Jul 7, 2010

Breakability



The bike I am currently using turned out to be highly breakable. During the first weeks, it needed repairing and adjusting almost every day. As the first major breakdown, one of the jockey wheels cracked. As a consequence, the chain got stuck and pulled the derailleur out of its place. While replacing it, I needed to break the chain. Since then, the gears worked, but the chain started to fall apart. I struggled a lot to make it work, I even removed one of the links. Finally, the chain got firm enough. But on the very next day, the chain guard could not stand the pressure. Last week, even this part got replaced.

At that point, I did not have much expectation on this bike anymore. But it did surprise me. Since then, I have rode over 50 km without breaking anything else. It seems like every breakable part has already been replaced. Well, that's not really true. The bike does not break down anymore, but neither does it brake. The pads are completely worn out. I hope that's gonna be the last problem...

No comments: