Jun 19, 2010

Wedding



The wedding of the Swedish crown princess today was a really nice event. I have been in city center together with hundreds of thousands other stockholmers and visitors to celebrate the occasion. I think it was much easier to follow the wedding in front of a TV screen. The crowds in the streets were huge. I had hardly a chance to see anything. However, using my binocular, I was able to see parts of the big screen, were I watched the ring exchange moment. Then, walking along the shore, I saw a hint of the driving cortège and later of the royal boat, were Viktoria and Daniel were sitting and waving to the people. Time and time again, the binocular was my best friend. When the time came for the canon salutations and for the air force overflight, I happened to stay at the very best position. Finally, I ended up at the side of the royal palace, being able to see the new-married couple greet the people, but unable to hear the speech.

Because of the crowd, I never hooked up with some friends of mine, also visiting the event. I was impossible to find each other as the phone lines were overloaded. I hoped my Russian flag, that I was carrying with me all the day, would help them find me. It did not, but it was still a nice experience. Some people, seeing me with the flag, thought I did not understand Swedish and discussed it openly behind my back. One lady, for instance, expressed the opinion that there were so many flags of this kind you could never be sure which country it represented. Another young man, however, was completely convinced it was Lithuanian.

And well... I did no pictures today because I forgot to load my camera with the SD-card. Never mind though. I had a nice day. My best wishes to the heirs of the Swedish throne.

No comments: