Dec 7, 2008

מגן דוד

Yesterday I visited the Christmas market in Michelstadt. They say it should be one of the finest Christmas markets in Germany. It was a very nice place indeed. Small wooden houses of this famous German style (whatever it is called), narrow streets full of people, and this kind of smell (I don't know how to describe it) made me actually feel more like Christmas.

We spend two hours walking around on the market, drinking something (I forgot the name of that stuff), looking for presents (I actually bought some, but I'm still didn't decide whom I'll give it), just enjoying our time.

Somewhere in the middle of the market I was surprised to find a Jewish shop. I have spent some time looking for a new Mogen David, as my my old one that I brought from Israel a year ago became useless. And here I suddenly found a great shop where I could choose one of many. So I even made myself a Christmas gift.






No comments: